Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

Grateful for the wonderful, amazing, fantastic, braze, self-sacrificing men and women who do so much to protect their country, their families and the freedoms they enjoy.

I am lucky to have such wonderful men in my life who have lived such incredible lives. Both my Grandfathers served in World War II, my Dad was in the Army Reserves, and my Brother in Law is active Air Force. I have many other family members who have served their country. I am so grateful to them and glad that they are a part of my life.

Found a photo of my Grandpa Madsen when he was a navigator for the 303rd Bomb Group in the European action. A few months after this photo was taken, his plane was hit. 1 died with the plane when it crashed, the other 8 parachuted down and were eventually captured. One died not long later in a German POW hospital.



My Grandpa is the one in the front to the left pointing things out on the map. I love this picture so much.

Don't forget our Veteran's. They are so important. They make it so that you and I can do whatever we like in this country. They defend our freedoms, and keep the fight away from our homes.

Yeah. Feeling grateful today.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love photos like that. Looks just like a movie, but it's real people.