Sunday, November 6, 2011

Our Stake President...

We have an interesting stake president. You know those stories of that one stake president that shoved eternal marriage down your throat and said that you were wicked if you weren't dating? Yeah, they exist. Cause that is my stake president.

Today at stake conference, he said that we should make little people (have babies) with enthusiasm...of course, after you are married in the right place and with the right person.

Enthusiasm.

Yeah, he's an interesting one. The word 'forsurezies' came out of his mouth.

I can't tell you how many times I looked at April with the 'did that really just come out of his mouth' look on my face.

The best suggestion of the night was that we maybe should be more concerned about our roommates dating life than our own.

Yep.

I don't know how I kept myself from going into a laughing fit right then and there.

Thankfully, he did put some great doctrine into his talk, and he has a great testimony.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Wow. You have SO MUCH MORE self control than I. Also way more nice. I would probably have laughed and then left.

Master P said...

Why on earth should you be more concerned with your roommate's dating life more than your own?? I do not get that one....

We don't have marriage stuck down out throats because there are very few YSAs and very few options for them. So you can be thankful at least for that? BLARG. I'm so glad J wasn't around to hear the enthusiasm talk :)