Friday, November 4, 2011

An Off Day

Today started all wrong. It didn't feel like a Friday at all. Not sure why, but it just felt...off...this morning I kept thinking I got off at noon, when Fridays I leave gig #1 at 2.

When 2 finally came around, I ended up having to stay because both the other employees were otherwise occupied and we had a patient that needed to be seen. Finally got home, ate something (can't even remember what at this point) and started dinner in the crock pot. Beef stew, but very simple...just beef, potatoes and seasonings.

Went to gig #2. Now usually Fridays are akin to day of the dead. Super slow. Might have one student there at a time. Apparently all the teachers decided to get together and schedule all their makeup lessons for today. The place was crawling with students. Usually I can leave at 6 or 6:30 because it's so dead. I left at 7:15pm.

Started driving home, and the idiot in front of me doesn't know the meaning of the word 'merge'. He stopped in BUSY traffic ON THE FREEWAY!!! I nearly hit the guy. The guy behind me did. Got off at the very next exit and took the streets the rest of the way home.

Came home thinking the house would smell so nice. It didn't. It smelled bad. Went over to the crock pot about ready to fall to pieces if I ruined my stew. Thankfully it was fine. Just needed a little salt. My roommate decided to paint her dresser today in the living room of our basement apartment. I would've opened some windows, but we are expecting 2-4 inches of the fluffy white stuff tonight.

Thinking about sleeping in my closet tonight. Can't smell the mixture of beef/onion/paint in there. Yet.

2 comments:

Sherry H said...

Hope today is better.

Jannie, Mom, Grams said...

Tomorrow will definitely be better! Because I said so. Love Mommy