Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween...the edited version...

Pictures will be added later. I am a bit lazy at the moment, so if you are facebook friends with me check out my page! :) Lucky me, I have a photographer for a roommate now, so there are all kinds of fun pictures being added of my now!

Most of my real Halloween activities didn't occur on Halloween itself. Friday night before, I got home, spent 1 1/2 hours painting myself green and fixing the costume. I discovered my black boots were no where to be found so I had to wear my black snow boots with white fuzzy trim on top that luckily was somewhat hidden under the skirt.

The roommate and I then went off to a party. She was dressed as a doll in a blue dress. We didn't even think about the fact that she looked a little like Dorothy...especially since I was the Wicked Witch of the West.

We then went to the stake YSA dance. It was actually a lot of fun. Lots of dancing inhibitions fly out the door apparently when one is in costume. Not that I am very inhibited when I go dancing. :) Saw a few amazing costumes, including the best Cousin It I have ever seen. Incredible costume. Got my dance ON that night.

We then went back to the party and watched a scary movie. It had the worst screenplay I have ever had to sit through. I don't particularly like scary movies anyways...just don't enjoy them. Luckily one of the girls at the party was really getting freaked out by it, so we were well entertained throughout by her punching the people beside her and such.

Saturday was my recital. I worked a few hours that morning, and then April and I went out to a pumpkin patch and bought some pumpkins! It was way fun, but also kind of sad since a ton of the pumpkins were rotting...such a waste!! We ran a few errands and then discovered we were running a bit behind.

The costume went mostly well for the recital, except since we were running late so I only had 40 minutes to get ready. I ended up being late getting to the recital location (TERRIBLE, since I had the key to the building...lucky they require us to get there 30 minutes before...I got there 25 minutes before). So I was freaking out a bit by the time the time came to perform.

Yeah, so the solo was not the best. I have done it SO much better. But between being a bit freaked out by being late, not having enough to eat, learning belt/mix 6 weeks before, it was OK. If you are my FB friend, you can watch the video on my wall (yay for April again!).

April and I then left, grabbed burgers at the Malt Shop (me in my greenified glory), ran home to change, and then went to see Captain America at the Dollar Theater...yes, still in my greenified glory. I wore my Wicked Hoodie, so it was fun.

Sunday was Church. And it was a BUSY Sabbath.

Halloween Day: Worked in the morning. Had the green nail polish still on, does that count as dressed up? Worked in the afternoon, wore my green Defying Gravity shirt, my Wicked hoodie and my witch hat to the Music School. Came home and since they cancelled the YSA FHE (why, no idea...apparently adults still trick or treat here) April and I went to the mall and then saw the Three Musketeers. It was alright, but the last version of it was my favorite.

I planned to get some Halloween candy today, but I resisted. :)

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Nice weekend! And such a good costume idea. Going to look at the FB pictures right now.

Elizabeth said...

Woot! Hope you like them!