Thursday, November 10, 2011

Experimented...

For the last two weeks I've been trying to decide how to use this bag of lentils I bought. I also have had a hankering for chicken soup. Therefore, I made a chicken lentil soup.

I consulted the collective wisdom (google) for recipes that exist for this type of soup, and then made up something with the stuff that I actually have.

2 cups Chicken Broth
1 cup Water (or another cup of Chicken Broth if you have it in stock)
1/2 tbs Rosemary
1/2 tsp minced Garlic
1 cup Dry Lentils
1/4 packet Onion Soup Mix (that's right people, 1/4 of a packet...:) )

*bring to a boil and simmer until lentils are soft...discovered the cup of water was necessary...the lentils soaked it up...:/

1 Cup diced cooked chicken.

Add chicken to soup, heat through, let cool a bit and serve.

It was good. I didn't have to add any salt, which made me happy.

Made garlic toast to go with it...because it was just too healthy...:)

Feel free to try it.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Lentils! I could have put lentils in the soup the other night. Next time.