Saturday, November 12, 2011

Par-tay!!

Well, how often does 11/11/11 happen? Only once every 100 years...odds are against me that it will happen again in my lifetime...:)

SO what does one do?

Throw a party!!

It was a small affair. There were six of us. We played Guillotine, The Game of Things, and BANG!...the last one was new to me. I think it will be a far better experience next time around. :D I was the first one dead.

We had pizza (thanks to my roommate!), chips, soda and fresh made brownies that we waited impatiently to cool off. They. were. perfect. Cooked enough to hold together. Not cooked all the way so they were still a bit gooey. I fixed the recipe a little to make sure they were gooey. The trick is a little extra oil. I know, I am going to die of heart failure with my thing for oil and butter. I will die happy though!!

The people who came are people I greatly admire. My roommate, of course, who is redecorating the entire apartment. It's really exciting to watch the transformation. I am contributing by: allowing her to do whatever she wants with little restrictions AND keeping it clean (mostly) once the transformation is complete. Really wish I could contribute more though. Amelia, who was such a great RS President in the last version of this singles ward and is just a kind heart. Jyrl and Kevin, who I love. I hope they stay together. Jason, who is just so much fun and really brings about the life of the party.

We had a moment of silence at 11:11PM. Then we continued with our games.

1 comment:

Jane said...

That's the other thing I remember about growing up. The entire country went silent at 11:11am for a whole minute. It was awe iinspiring, even when one is only six.