Saturday, November 26, 2011

Babysitting...

So I thought babysitting my nephew was going to be a breeze...

Yeah...

Poor thing had separation anxiety up the wazoo! He KNEW I was not his Mommy. Every time he looked at me he started crying. Screaming more like. Big billowing tears came out of those sweet little eyes...

He ended up falling asleep on me...I distracted him by holding him close with his head up on my shoulder so he couldn't see my face, put a noisy toy and his burp cloth up there...he grabbed and sucked and crackled as he slowly calmed himself down...eventually he relaxed and fell asleep...so sweet and pitiful at the same time.

Wouldn't have traded that for anything. He will slowly get to know me, but it was nice to spend an evening with him. And it was the first time since late in my sisters pregnancy that she and Ison had a chance to do a session at the temple.

Totally worth it. He is getting a good nights sleep now, was very glad to see his Mommy when she got him up for his last feeding of the night. Hope he has a good long sleep.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Awww, poor thing. And poor baby too! It's tough when they're old enough to know who's who but not old enough to understand why.
Sounds like you did an excellent job.