Sunday, December 14, 2008

We're split...and I need to get my eyes checked...

Well, they did it. I knew about it for a while, but they did it. The Tuscaloosa was split. We now have the Tuscaloosa Ward and the Northport Ward. I am in the new Northport Ward. I've dealt with reorganizations and splits and such a number of times, so this wasn't anything new to me. Still, it's exciting, considering where the ward started from. They did a split a while back, not sure how long ago, and it didn't last for one reason or another. But this time I think it will hold. There are very strong members of the Church in both units, and it will be very exciting to see where everything goes. Missionary work in the Tuscaloosa Ward has been good, especially with the growing group of Spanish speaking members.

I tell you what, the Tuscaloosa Ward is SMALL...I took a look at the map, and seriously, small small small.

Me being the good Stake Young Women's Secretary, I already talked with one of the bishopric members from each of the wards and asked them to tell me who the new Young Women's presidencies will be so that we can be in contact with them and train them ASAP. :)

///////////////////////////////////////

Ha, you would think I would recognize my own family! I played my cello for the Sacrament meeting musical number, and as I was setting up my chair, two gentlemen come walking up. One was the Patriarch who likes to inform me that he is looking for a second wife (it's a joke by the way, he's nearly 90 and quite endearing), but the other gentleman standing next to him didn't strike any sort of recognition with me except for the fact that he looked remarkably like my Grandpa Madsen...

It was my Great-Uncle Lowell! He and his wife (Bonnie) were in town for my cousin's graduation yesterday. My cousin of course is in trouble for failing to tell me they were coming in town for the graduation ceremony and that it was this weekend, but I was SO glad to see both of them! And how cool that they could hear me play!

4 comments:

Thanaglim said...

Oh wow. I think it sucks but not there anymore. We had just moved to Tuscaloosa when the Tuscaloosa Ward was then the Black Warrior River Ward and they had just gotten put back together. The reason was was because one ward was not growing. I wonder how it's going to do. I have to talk to my mom. She'd be in the Northport Ward.

Aubrey & Cheyenne Martin said...

That's funny about your great-uncle. I've done that before, too, though. I imagine (being a Madsen) your family is rather large like mine. It's easy to lose 'em in the herd. Sundays like today are so exciting and I hate that I wasn't there to be a fly on the wall. Glad we're in the same ward, though. Promise you'll be here in a year when we come back!

Jane said...

How nice is that though! For your family to come and see you play. That's sweet.
You haven't let me know if you're playing in our ward next week! :)

EmilyLemily said...

I added a post! Aren't you proud of me? :)