Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Lovely Story...and Morals...

I was at the Church tonight feeding Cody (down payment for giving me a ride to the airport Christmas Eve) when Bishop Wyatt walked out of his office doing tithing settlement wearing jeans, tennis shoes and a polo shirt...

In walks Bishop Martin (new Bishop of the new Northport Ward) 1 1/2 hours late for his interviews (he is starting early with the being late thing! actually, he was held up at work with a big project he is working on or something, poor thing) wearing his Sunday suit...

Bishop Wyatt looks at him in shock...

After Bishop Martin takes in his first interview, Bishop Wyatt sits down with the rest of us, kicks out his legs, hands behind his head saying in his heart warming Southern accent "give it three years, he will come to his senses. I did that for two years of tithing settlement...no more!"

It was an enjoyable moment for all present.

//////////////////////////////////////////

So last night I watched a movie that I own. I bought it for $5 at Target or someplace...I don't really remember where, I just remember it being $5...

I went to bed thinking 'my word, that movie really isn't uplifting at all' and other thoughts that were not pleasant...

I threw it out when I came home from work today...

No, I won't tell you what movie it was, but I decided that it wasn't worth keeping. Great songs, songs that most people would recognize, but my word, the movie wasn't good...the story doesn't teach good principles at all...the story isn't even good...

I don't know what changed about me, because I have watched that movie a number of times...

I will buy the soundtrack. The movie is really only worth it for the music...

No comments: