Friday, December 19, 2008

Nervous...

I have been nervous through out my life. Being a musician, we had to learn how to deal with it...so I learned, to a degree. It took a while before I felt comfortable performing before an audience...I would shake and so would have automatic vibrato because my bow hand was shaking so much...thankfully I got over that...

I have been nervous through out certain college classes, nervous that I was going to be asked upon to answer a question, and praying that I would answer it correctly...

I was nervous when I went and got my endowment, and for a few months afterwards I was still nervous going to the temple...

Nervous taking my comps...both times...SOOOOOO much relief when I found out I passed it the second time...

I have been nervous going on dates with guys...even if they were just friends, but especially when they weren't, or rather, when I didn't want it just to be friends. When I was in high school, I asked a friend of mine, a violist in the orchestra, to be my prom date...we had been friends for years at that point, and seriously, we were just friends and that's all we wanted it to be...but I was SO nervous!!! So you can imagine me when it's with a guy and I want more than just friends...

Nervous when given certain callings...would I really fulfill them well enough to pass the judgment bar? I mean, I am sure, every single calling that I have had, I could have done much much better than I did...

Why? What's the point of nerves?

I was thinking about this a lot this morning....I don't like being nervous...it takes a lot out of a girl!

So WHY? Do I think of a test as a threat to myself? I mean, I signed up for the class, right? Do I think that my callings are threats??? I mean, I accepted them! Do I think of guys as threats?? For crying out loud, I am the one that said 'yes' to the date...

Blah...not really a point to this post...just thinking out loud...or outpost...no, that doesn't work, outtyped?

No comments: