Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Update...and HOORAY!!!...and sad...

I know all of you are on the edge of your seats for this, but I am fine. I did end up going to work, was miserable for the first half of the day, but was fine and dandy after that...so I don't know what was wrong with me, but whatever it was I am ever so happy it wasn't whatever everyone else seems to have...

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

So, I don't remember, did I mention that the heater stopped working last week? Yeah, it did...NOT fun in the winter when you happen to be a wimp like me when it comes to the cold...

...anyways, the first thing I thought about when I was informed about the situation was...what do I do with Charlie? Charlie, if you don't know this already, is my cello. Charlie Brown is his name.

Charlie is very temperamental. He is a very old cello, and it is very easy for his seams to come apart with severe temperature changes...

So Charlie was sent over to the Hutchison's house. I worried about him a lot while he was there. Not that I don't trust the Hutchison's, but really, I am slightly attached to him...

And the house has been quite cold...we had a space heater in each room...but...

So yay! When I came home today, the house was too warm, because the thermostat was set FAR TOO HIGH...heater is mostly fixed...not completely, but at least the house is warm!

...I will sleep far better tonight methinks...

And even more of a hooray, Charlie came back home! :) Thank you Brother Hutchison!!! :)

/////////////////////////////////////////

My Mom is the best...

...I am picky when it comes to my pjs. I am weird and actually wear them all year round, even in the hot Arizona heat of the summer. And no, it's not t-shirt and shorts, it's longsleeved shirt and full length bottoms...yes, I am weird...

...well two years ago I finally opened up and complained about the fact that Emily always got the colorful things and I always got the black, blue or brown things...ESPECIALLY when it came to pjs. Every Christmas Eve we opened up a gift and it always was pajamas...and every year Emily got the pink, purple, red, yellow, orange pjs and I got the blue, black, brown, green pjs...

So last year my Mom remembered my complaining (which I should NOT have done, and I am forever grateful that my Mommy has learned the art of forgiveness SO VERY WELL) and she bought me pink pjs with Santa's all over them...

I LOVE THEM...

SO much that I wore them A LOT over the last year...

...fast forward to tonight...I of course came home from work, went to my room and changed into...yes, the pink pajamas with Santa all over them...

...I sit down on the couch...all is well...I put my feet up...all is well...I sit indian style on the couch...

........all is not well...

...I heard it, but I didn't know what it was until I looked down...

...I have a MASSIVE hole in my pjs...

...I mean...LARGE...:(

I didn't realize how thin the fabric was...seriously, I am in shock...

Good thing Christmas is coming up soon, I seriously need a new pair of pajamas! :)

3 comments:

Aubrey & Cheyenne Martin said...

My sisters and I are the same way about pajamas. My current fav is a pair of Aubrey's pajama pants and one of his t-shirts. I just like the smell.

EmilyLemily said...

I won't be getting pjs this year, which is fine with me. I don't think that Ison and I will be doing it until we start having kids. So sad to hear they tore!

Jane said...

Yay for fine! Yay for cello being warm and happy and little bit boo that the fav pjs are no more. Makes sense but it's sad when our favorite things wear out faster than the stuff we don't like as much.