Friday, December 26, 2008

My Flight Experience...New Christmas...

What are the chances?

So my flight from BHM to DFW was practically empty. Got an entire row to myself. Then I had a bit of a layover in DFW to get to ABQ...we were delayed 40 minutes because another flight coming in that had 13 of our passengers on it (mostly the rest of the first class peoples, huh)...I get onto the plane and a family has taken over my seat, so I take the seat that they were supposed to take cause they were already settled and that would've been really rotten of me on Christmas Eve to seperate a family...

...and the guy that sits to me...tall, about my age I would guess, good looking guy...says in a thick Southern accent that he wishes he was in Alabama right then...

...I say roll tide...

...he says that he needs to find another seat...yeah, major Auburn fan...

...what are the chances? An Auburn fan going to Albuquerque NM, on the same flight that me, a not at all die-hard Alabama fan but still a decent fan all the same. :)

///////////////////////////////////////////

So you know somethings different when your parents get more gifts than the kids do...:) I thought it was amusing. I didn't get my big ticket request, but I did get a promise to get it for my birthday, and I have something else to appease me until then, so that works for me...the big things I got were pretty practical, got a TOMTOM, happy about that, and some fun things...

Yeah, it was different. First time we haven't done stockings. I guess it was time, since Emily and I are a bit grown up...

But I still got my PJ's!!! :) Picture forthcoming...

It was nice to be with family. I can't wait to make my own Christmas traditions...somethings I want to keep, but there are things missing that I want to add for sure! It was kinda weird though, it didn't feel much like Christmas because we usually go down to Old Town Christmas Eve, but since my flight came in so late last night we didn't do that this year. Ah me...

1 comment:

EmilyLemily said...

We love our TOMTOM! It has already been useful to us because I didn't know how to get to Steve and Mindy's from Flagstaff! So nice...