Friday, March 20, 2009

Softball!!!

I would just like to announce that Elizabeth has joined a softball team. I haven't played softball since I was, what, 11 years old? I am SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!

No, none of you have ever known me to be sportsy AT ALL...note title of my blog...I am a musician...but it's important to be healthy, and two nights a week and it works around the schedule I already have...AND IT'S SOFTBALL...

And we are going to have a fantastic team...we are totally gonna get a trophy...:)

I can hit the ball. I don't do home runs, but I can get on base (at least I used-to-could). I can catch. With practice, I will have a good arm.

I can't slide. I never was able to.

Don't worry, I have insurance! :)

4 comments:

Jane said...

Nice! Are there uniforms? I expect pictures.

heidi said...

hurray for musicians playing sports. i think we keep the game interesting.

Elizabeth said...

I believe we are all getting shirts or something...and OF COURSE there will be pictures...

Aubrey & Cheyenne Martin said...

There is nothing like sliding into home plate and taking the catcher out with your cleats on. And that big abrasion on your leg is just a battle scar to be proud of. Good thing you work for a doctor.