Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New Discovery...Confession...

There is this LOVELY website called Pandora. I had never heard of it. I simply searched 'online radio' and it was one of the first options and the only one that looked like it wouldn't download a bunch of viruses onto my laptop.


It is pretty freaking cool. You type in a song title OR a group/performer name and the website will create a playlist of songs using that song or that group as a guide. If you don't want to just listen to that style of music, there is a button called 'add variety' that you can click on and type in another song title or group/performer name. If you don't like a song that comes up, you can click on the thumbs down and it will veer away from that song.

For example: I type in Michael Buble.

I got in addition to Mike the following: Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Norah Jones, Fred Astaire, Ray Charles and a number of others...

I wanted some variety, so I clicked on 'add variety' and typed in Muse (a new found favorite Rock Band, LOVE Supermassive Black Hole, fabulous bass line in it).

In addition to Muse, I got Incubus, Radiohead and a lot of other bands.

Later in the day I added Rob Pattinson (explanation below) and that added performers like Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson and a bunch of people I didn't know.

One of the many things I enjoyed today from listening to my personalized radio station is some clarification. A song would come up that I already knew but I didn't know who sung it or what the name of it was. So I would take a look at the site, and the Name of the Song, the Group/Performer and the album which it could be found on was listed WITH a picture of the Album cover. LOVE IT.

Another lovely attribute of this website was discovering groups/performers whom I had never heard of before and finding that I liked their songs as well.

Check it out, it's pretty cool. You can even find Mormon Tabernacle Choir on there. (NO, I did NOT listen to them at work...I was just curious and looked)

///////////////////////////////////////////////

(More like 'Confessions')

I like Twilight. I was given the book for Christmas by my BFF Becky. She took me to go see the movie before I read the book.

It had a lot of things going for it in my world.

I LOVE vampires. Yes, Elizabeth, Molly Mormon, loves Vampires. I read Dracula when I was in Elementary school. I don't think my Mom knows that. I was a pretty avid reader when I hit 3rd grade. Instead of Goosebumps, I went for autobiographies and classics, including Dracula. But I remember liking vampires when I was even younger...when I lived in Idaho (2-7 years of age) I remember trying to get the neighbor boys to pretend to be vampires...they decided they would rather play tag...

I LOVE baseball...:)

I love the heroine's name, Isabella. It's derived from mine (Elizabeth) and I just think it's pretty...and I like that she goes by Bella.

There are other things that I like about both the book and the movie, but those are a few...

Yes, I bought the DVD Saturday at Target. And I have watched EVERYTHING on all 3 DVD's except for watching the movie w/ the commentary. I was sick all weekend so I went ahead and filled my head with Twilight.

NO, that is not how I became a fan of Muse. I became a fan before I realized that Supermassive Blackhole was the song played during the Baseball game. I do remember loving that scene when I first watched the movie, though...

Rob Pattinson (the actor who plays Edward) is actually an incredible musician. That really is him playing the piano. He really can play the piano (yay!)

The director asked him to record a couple of songs, and she ended up using two of them in the movie. I liked the songs, so I of course added his name to my Pandora list. :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

First off, I will totally look into Pandora so thanks for getting the word out. Second, TREASURE the fact that you can listen to music at work. TREASURE it! I can't. The office is tiny and so I turn either the portable fan or heat (whichever the weather permits) on just to give me some noise. If I didn't have that, it would be "you could hear a pin drop" silent in here. And third, I'm glad you like Twilight. I was OBSESSED...until I saw the movie. It really did ruin it for me. I, too, have had an unusual obsession with vampires from when I was in elementary school and watched Interview with a Vampire on T.V. I wanted to be a child vampire for the longest. Anyway, that was long...

EmilyLemily said...

So glad that you love Twilight. I got Ison to start reading "The Host" today, also by Stephenie Meyer and awesome!, and he is on page 164 already! :) You should read it if you have extra time...just get it from the library. :) I'm going to start going to the library more I think...