Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Finally!!

Nope, not the edited post...

Confession: For a long time I wanted to see a billboard advertisement get changed. I have never seen it happen. Silly desire, I know.

It was fulfilled today!

I sit in a room for the greater part of the morning and call patients to remind them of their appointments. This gives me a great deal of time to look out the window. I have a great view of Bryant-Denney Stadium and most of the University of Alabama. There is a double-billboard outside my window that changes advertisements pretty regularly and it fascinated me that I never saw the 'change' take place.

As I am calling the patients this morning, I thought I saw a guy peeking over the top of the billboard. He disappeared, so I wondered for a long time if I just saw a really fat bird that looked like a guys head...then he reappeared. He started rubbing this large moplike thing against the billboard, and for a while I thought he was cleaning it, which didn't really make any sense to me but whatever. Suddenly there were two guys removing the old advertisement (you can see it laying on the ground at the bottom of the above picture) and then as the old advertisement was being lowered, the guy who was on the stand started putting up the new one (you see them just starting to center the new advertisement on the above picture). Yes, I was a bit excited.

This is the real view from the computer I work on most mornings.

You can kinda see the new advertisement being unfolded over the old one...it's an advertisement for a beer, the bottle is on the right, and there are two people that look like they are jogging on the left of the ad...if you are a bit confused at that, you are not alone...the middle of the ad show that the beer only has ninety-some calories in it and a very low amount of carb's...so they are trying to say that it is healthy for you to drink...especially if you are jogging...I can just see it now, they are going to start handing out JUI's...jogging under the influence...

1 comment:

EmilyLemily said...

Oh, the small things that please us. ;) ...seeing someone change out a billboard...hehehe