Monday, March 16, 2009

A New Leaf...the End of the Tale...

In the last, oh, say 60 hours, I have had a total of 4 hours of sleep. Yes, that's right, FOUR.

Not by choice.

My nightly routine: jammies, brush teeth, wash face, read, and when I get tired shut off the light...

...that is when the problem begins. I hit the pillow, and I am wide awake. And I just lay there. So I get up, read, get tired, hit the light, lay down, wide awake...rewind, repeat, rewind, repeat...

Last night...yeah, no sleep...at ALL...not even a wink...I did finish A Tale of Two Cities last night, however...actually, more like 'finally!!!'...I was 6 pages from the end of the book when my alarm went off this morning...

...it is an awful experience hearing your alarm go off and knowing that normal people would be waking up to theirs, while mine was just a reminder that it was time to pray, shower and go to work...

Dr. Pepper was the drink of choice to get me through the morning at work today...breakfast of champions, yes, I know...I did have Honeynut Cheerios as well...

This is an ongoing problem. I am as good at falling asleep as I am at understanding how tennis scores work (seriously, so confusing and frustrating to me)

...I sleep fine. In fact, I sleep like a baby for the most part. No snoring or anything. It's the falling asleep part that still alludes me.

I am now under the care of my sleep doctor at work now. He wants me to try something for the next couple of days...and this something includes no more sleeping in...that is going to be an adjustment...but if it means getting 7 hours a night...EVERY night...it'll be worth it...right???

//////////////////////////////////////////

Like I mentioned, I finally finished the book. It took until the end of the second book (it's divided into 3 books) for me to get hooked. Very interesting. I like how all the characters cross paths in ways you don't really expect. I really like the character of Sydney Carton. I like how the doctor changes throughout the book and his role in the third part of the book.

I don't like the French Revolution. I think the American Revolution was a much better revolution...by far.

Bed time... :/

4 comments:

April Lauren said...

Have you thought about just leaving the lights on? Just kidding. That is horrible! I wish you super sleep tonight!

Weston Krogstadt said...

. . . and so do the Cardinals, they won in my book.

Weston Krogstadt said...

Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed your blog. Keep up the good work. Mormons rule.

Jane said...

That is not a good situation you have going on over there...hope the doctor is a good one - you deserve it.
Do you want to know how long it's taken me to read Mobey Dick? (Oh, wait, not done yet...)