Saturday, March 14, 2009

In Love...Temple

No, I am not in a relationship. Believe me, if I had a boyfriend, there would be a HUGE post about it. More like a bunch of posts, actually...

I was going on dates pretty consistently with a guy out here, but we never became a couple, and whatever we did have seems to have died. Haven't heard from him in...gosh, over a month now...

Why did it die? I don't know to be honest with you...oh well. Yes, I am disappointed. I liked him, he seemed to be a really great guy...

Anyways...

No, I just popped over to www.michaelbuble.com



:) It's like the feeling I get when I eat warm and gooey chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven with milk...yummy...

According to wikipedia (which we all know is TOTALLY reliable) he is unattached...seriously, he has the whole package, tall, gorgeous, incredibly successful, sportsy (he is part owner of a hockey team in Canada...!!!) AND his voice is like butter...

I am determined. Next time he goes on tour, I AM GOING!!!

I am trying to come up with a cute way of saying that I would love the opportunity to attempt flirting to converting, but the phraseology just wasn't coming to me...but I would LOVE the opportunity...:)



//////////////////////////////////////////////

I wasn't going to do baptisms last night at the temple. I was going to do a session or maybe even initiatory. But then I wandered over to the new family search website during the day yesterday and I remembered that I reserved a few of my ancestors to get their work done...and I hadn't done it yet...

So I got the page up, I just had to hook my laptop up to the printer and print off the Ordinance Request sheets...

I left without them...I was 2 miles down the road when I remembered. Now, I left a bit early, but it was raining, so I decided that I would just keep going and bring them next time I went to the temple.

Then I remembered something absolutely essential for going to the temple...that was still sitting in my room...so I turned around, printed out the sheets, grabbed the essential item, and drove like a madwoman to the temple...

3 women in my ancestry are now in Paradise. :) I can't wait to get the rest of their work done. I think I will wait to get any sealing ordinances done until I am home so that I can get my parents and sister and brother-in-law involved.

This was a first. I have been a family history worker before, and I couldn't find ANYONE that hadn't had their work done. I LOVE the new familysearch!!! It makes it REALLY easy to find people that haven't had their work done. If I remember correctly, one of the women is actually a great-great-great-great-great aunt or something like that who never had any children...I know I search each family to see if there are situations like that, because if they never had any kids, there isn't a direct descendant of theirs on the earth that will get the work done for them.

It felt good. I look forward to doing that again. :)

2 comments:

Thanaglim said...

Hey! I'm so glad you mentioned the new family search website. I need to get my sister's work done. I asked someone what I needed to do but I guess I forgot some direction because I came to a weird website that was just plain confusing. Can you email me (kcook281@yahoo.com) the directions on how to go about doing that? I need like walk through direction :)

Jane said...

1. LOVE the Buble. He looks like he would be a ton of fun to hang out with, and he's so cute.
2. I have heard good things about the new system. We've got a lot of names to do, but we aren't duplicating anymore, which will save a lot of time.