Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fasting...

So it's Fast Sunday.

I decide I want a nice light dinner. Maybe fruit, veggies and bread w/butter and honey (would've done toast, but alas that is one of the appliances we lack in this house).

Problem: no bread in the house. Yeah, none.

Solution: make bread.

Really, not that difficult for me, I actually enjoy making it. It would keep me occupied until I could break my fast anyways...and it's not like I am going to go sneaking a taste of bread dough...yuck...

I decided to modify and make rolls instead.

What I really wanted was some sorta warm fresh out of the oven bread (rolls count) with butter and honey...I could've done without the fruit and veggies tonight...

Problem #2: Roomie has to make all kinds of yummy appetizers (yummy as in smells sooooooo good...especially on an empty stomach that has to wait until dinnertime) for YW presentation tonight...

Solution #2: Well, actually, more like blessing #198739486938748374987593846...NAP so that I don't have to go crazy smelling all the lovely smells coming from the general direction of the kitchen...and then roomie invites me over to her parents house for their family dinner

...and guess what her Mom made? That's right, rolls...nice, big, lovely, fluffy, yummy, fresh out of the oven, oh so wonderful rolls...I am counting it as a tender mercy...

No honey, but that's totally okay...the rest of the meal was simply fantastic!

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love it when things work out like that!
Nothing beats the taste of fresh bread.