Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sick...Gladys Knight...

Allergies + Tonsilitis + Lack of Sleep = unhappy Elizabeth

Really, I do not feel good at all. It just keeps getting worse, and I am on an antibiotic AND Claritin AND Nasonex...

Allergies in the South really stink. I mean, there is so much pollen, you can see a layer of it on your car in the morning. My car is normally a very pretty and sparkly crimsony/maroony red...in the morning it looks orange with all the pollen that is on it. I will take a picture, because many of you are from out west and have no idea what I am talking about. It's nuts...

/////////////////////////////////////////////

I went to the Gladys Knight Fireside/Devotional/Performance/I am not sure what to call it to be honest with you...

It was AWESOME...from a musician stand-point it was great. I took my coworker and she invited some of her family to come along with her. All of them LOVED it and wished they had brought others with them (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). My coworker, she loved it so much, she asked for tickets for one of tonights showings, which lucky me, I was able to get 4 tickets for the 5:00pm. She is taking her husband and some other family members.

It talks a LOT about the Gospel, and it was just really cool. The Spirit was SO strong.

:) AND there is this REALLY good looking and TALL guy in that choir...and I did notice he didn't have a ring...and I know that he is taller than me because I was totally wearing 3 inch heels and he walked right past me and he still was a good couple of inches taller than me...

My coworker made fun of me for checking out that guy because we were at Church...what better place to meet a guy? And hey, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ want me married too! :)

Nope, there was no meet and greet afterwards...:(

But it was just plain and ordinary AWESOME...

16 comments:

Jane said...

I've never understood why one shouldn't check out a guy at church. He's bound to be sober and washed. :-)

EmilyLemily said...

I hope that your allergies are getting better and you're sleeping more...by the way, I updated my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey, was he tall, dark and had dark brown hair and eyes? Was he at least 6'4? Looks kinda like the Rock? Just wanna help you find him-I just might know him;o)

Elizabeth said...

...who is Anonymous?? :) and yes, that would fit his description...I am 6 feet tall, so he had to be at least 6'4". He was the tallest guy in the choir, was in the back row dead center...

Anonymous said...

Those of us who know him call him Jacob after the guy in the movie "Twilight". His name, if we're thinking of the same person is Tupua. He'd be a great catch - I don't know if he's otherwise attached.

SUV choir member said...

Sounds like you're describing Tupua Ainu'u. He's a 25 year old Samoan, lives in Las Vegas, returned missionary, great guy. We forwarded you're link to him in case he wants to respond! (He might be a little bashful.)

Anonymous said...

Ok girls---I got a good laugh out of reading your comments---I am that hunk's mother---actually he's 6'5"-- and if I may say so too---he's not bad looking. Anything good about him---he got from me, tay?

I'm trying to marry him off, and he wouldn't be a bad catch at all.
There's only one requirement----that you can slap him around if he needs to---when I'm too old to do so----I'm just kidding.

Actually, I'm very blessed to have him as a son. I couldn't have ask for a better son.

Thank you for making me laugh---you're all just too funny.

Elizabeth said...

lol, that's awesome...I am sure he won't have any trouble finding someone, he is a good looker...and it sounds like he is a good guy...and he is tall...he's got a lot going for him...

I am just blown away that you found my blog! This has been very entertaining to me...

Anonymous said...

Well I happen to know Elizabeth very well, and she is a great catch herself! And as you can see from her pictures, very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

So when will be the next time Elizabeth finds herself in Las Vegas?

EmilyLemily said...

I love that everyone is taking such an interest in my sister's life! This has been so much fun to hear about from you, Elizabeth...maybe you should go visit Aunt Saundra and Aunt Stephanie in Las Vegas?... ;)

I love you!! ;)

Rocketgirl said...

His MOM found your blog?!?! This is the best comment thread EVER!!!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah, either I have a cousin/friend playing one heck of a long and elaborate pre-April Fool's Day joke on me, or this is just crazy...I mean, how did ya'll find my blog in the first place?

And to answer the question, I don't find myself in Las Vegas very often...in fact, it's been years since I have been. And I have no plans to go there in the future. I am too poor to travel home for Easter, let alone to Vegas...

The Allen Fam said...

I think that the SUV choir should make a special trip back to AL to meet the beautiful and talented Elizabeth. Or if the momma of Brother Tall Dark and Handsome could work some magic to introduce them. This has been a very fun and interesting blog comment to follow.

Steve Sluder Sr said...

Hi Elizabeth... I am the SUV choir member who found your blog. Soon after every performance, I go online and do a blog search to find people who have written comments about our firesides (and occasionally comments about individual choir members!) I then share the links with other choir members on a private choir website. Yours is one of four blog postings that I found using Google Blog Search. So remember to be careful what you say... whatever you post can be easily found. :-) Cheers!

P.S. No April Fools Joke... that really was Tupuas mom!

SUV choir member said...

I hear Tupua is going to Salt Lake City for General Conference. Are you going to be in Utah anytime soon?