Sunday, November 11, 2012

Warbling (and an FYI)

The choir sang today for Sacrament. They did an excellent job. It was a super easy song though.

BUT the song we are (hopefully) singing in two weeks is incredibly difficult. I hope they are up for it. Considering what I have put them up to over the last 6 months, they totally have got it. We just need to run a lot more times...

And then we have Christmas to start. We have been asked to do three songs.

At first I was thinking of doing all three atypical songs for Christmas Sunday service. But then I thought better of it. If we were going to do that, they would all be in minor and it would be the most depressing Sacrament service ever known to man.

So, we are only going to one that is in minor: Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel. There is a lovely arrangement of it in those Hymnplicity books. I am hoping the other two I can purchase a good version of a carol...gotta get the monies approved for it first though...:)

Whatever we do, the closing hymn will be Silent Night. It's too good and too inspired a song to NOT sing it as the closing hymn. I think the choir will do the first two verses and then the congregation will come in on the last...cause the congregation needs to be involved.

(FYI, apparently none of my blog posts for the last three days were posted...not sure how that happened, but they are there now. Feel free to peruse them at will...)

1 comment:

Jane said...

Do tell me about your musical plans for Christmas! I need to get myself in gear for that soon too.
Is it bad of me to not love Silent Night?