Thursday, November 15, 2012

I Work Out

First time going to the gym in at least a month. Went and just walked for 30 minutes. Was a little winded at the pace I was going, but my legs feel pretty good.

Alright, I suppose it's time to let out a secret. (NO Emily, it's not the one you keep bugging me about)

I have talked a friend...maybe two...into running a half marathon with me. But not just ANY half marathon...


Yep. The Disneyland Half Marathon. I have until the end of August to get all these pounds across a finish line after 13.1 miles of running/walking at a 16min/mile pace. Yeah.

I am officially starting a training program on Tuesday, but a brisk walk is a good way to warm up to the actual training. I actually need to figure out how to implement my training program at the gym...

But, there you have it. By my birthday I should be able to actually do the 16 minute pacing, so then I can start slightly improving it. But I'll keep pace with a friend who is going to do the impossible with me.

NOTE: There IS a chance we may do the Tower of Terror 10 miler instead at Disneyworld...but I am going to push for the Disneyland one this year. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make Crystal do it with you!

Aunt Sherry

Jane said...

Cool goal. I wish you well.
Don't sprain anything in training!