Friday, November 16, 2012

Cooking!!

To round off the work week well, I decided to make dinner for a change. As in, actually cook a meal rather than snack on whatever doesn't involve me having to work much...

On the menu for tonight: Meatloaf. 

I have gotten in the very interesting habit of not exactly following a recipe when I cook. I have cooked for long enough now that I don't really need to follow a recipe...at least for the basic stuff. Baking, I still follow most recipes with exactness, but cooking, nah. I will browse around a bunch of recipes and then do what sounds good to me...or rather, do what works with what I have on hand.

And with that, I just remembered I didn't stick any carrots in there. Dangit. I could've even Magic Bulleted them into a puree...oh well, that can be a side dish I guess.

And this is an example of most of my high school writing examples. All. Over. The. Place.

Good smells...smiling at me...nothing but good smells...do I...um...sniff? :)

1 comment:

Jane said...

Cute!
And I am so with you on the approximating based on what's in the house. So nice to use some stuff up AND get a good meal out of it.
You should post pictures of the process.