Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cooking a Turkey

Yes, me. I'm cooking a turkey. All by my lonesome. Well, I suppose I could ask someone to come over and cheer me on, but, yeah, you know...that pride thing...yeah.

Thankfully I have a Facebook with friends and family who have all kinds of experience in such things, so that I CAN figure a turkey out. Apparently Reynold's turkey bags are a must! Who knew? Well, apparently most of my facebook friends did...

Anywho, going to brine it the night before somehow. Need a bucket...that will fit in my fridge. Need to finish up a few yogurts and other things that are in my fridge.

Man, this is going to be fun! At least I can say I've cooked a turkey all by my lonesome after this weekend! Go me!

And...good Sabbath all.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Good for you!
I would like some pictures if it's possible...
For the scrapbook. :-)

nkl said...

I just stick the turkey on a layer of onions and rub butter under the skin and have rosemary salt and pepper sprinkled/ poured on top. Stick rosemary and lemons and anything else that smells nice up its you know and bake it in the oven. No bag just tin foil till so it doesn't burn. Check out foodnetwork.com. They have lots of helpful hints.