Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The E-Flat

A self analysis of my performance for the Halloween Recital.

First of all, go to my facebook page and watch the first 7 minutes of the video...you can skip ahead about 30 seconds actually. I really need to edit the thing somehow.

Alright. So, considering this was the first actual coloratura soprano piece, it was pretty good I think. The high note placement, while not consistently in tune, was in a good spot. I got through the whole thing. And I semi-acted the part.

Things that need improving: I need to put those dang hands AWAY!! They move all OVER the place, and most of the time make absolutely no sense what.so.ever.

I need to sing in tune ALL the time.

Needed better phrasing. And acting.

Need to not forget the notes. BUT I remembered every single word! Improvement!

And I could really keep going, but I don't want to feel bad about what really was a good performance. And it will get better with time. I may be doing a competition with the piece. So a few more months of it and ta dah! It will be awesome...right?

Oh, and I nailed that E-flat! Although when I ended the pitch, I ended it high...

So, what did you think?

3 comments:

nkl said...

I think you are being too hard on yourself! You did great! And there is a ton of improvement from the Wicked song you did a while ago. Look at that. How much you have improved. And not everyone sings in tune all the time. Just wait for Les Mes and you will see it more since it is "live singing". You did great. I enjoyed it!

Jane said...

I think you are fantastic!
And this is one place we are not the same - because my musical skillz are ppbbt.
As in, I have none, so go you!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Becky! I needed that little boost. And thank you Jane!!