Sunday, November 18, 2012

Dream Wedding

No, not mine. I dreamt about a friends wedding. Well, a former friend of mine.

Once upon a time ago, we were really close friends. Best friends. But twice she cut me out of her life, and she got married mere months after the second time.

I haven't thought about her in a very long time. And this dream, it was so real. I was really hurt that she didn't invite me to her wedding. I mean, we were such close friends! In my dream, I think I was a bridesmaid or even her maid of honor. I don't think she would've invited me to be either, she had so many sisters and she was close with them all. But the dress she chose for me to wear was gorgeous, and her dress was absolutely breathtaking. She looked so happy and we chatted it up during my dream. It was really fun, actually!

Maybe this dream was a gift from Heavenly Father. I finally got to attend her wedding.

I decided a long time ago that if she were to re-enter my life that I wouldn't allow us to become close like we once were. I just couldn't handle a third time being shut out of someone's life whom I truly cared about. But really, I imagine if somehow (however unlikely) we were to ever meet up again, we would probably pick up where ever we left off. Maybe. I don't know, really.

Listening to Rachmaninoff this morning in honor of her memory. Can't listen to it without thinking about her. Can't tell you how many times I listened to her practice his amazing works.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Rachmaninoff must have had five hands or something - that guy was nuts.
I can't tell you about the dream thing. I have many insane ones and I don't know where it all comes from.

nkl said...

I have been thinking about her too lately. I hope everything is going well for her in her life. Sometimes we have friends that come an go but we will always have the memories of the friendship to look back on and remember. And there is Becky being deep!