Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Song

Well, I think I have chosen THE song for my Christmas Recital.

Drumroll Please:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Maria Wiegenlied::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

What, haven't heard of it? How about the Virgin's Lullaby? Still haven't heard it?? Yeah, not surprised. Not a very popular Christmas song, however beautiful it is. Sissel performed it at the Christmas MoTab thing she participated in. Dame Joan Sutherland also performed it rather beautifully. I am going to do something in between the two. Not as fast as Joan, but with the same arrangement...not as slow as Sissel, but with a sound that more closely follows her.

AND the duet for me and my classmate will be Walking In The Air.



I'm still a bit bitter about the whole Once Upon A December thing. Did I mention it? The teachers sons girlfriend hijacked it from me. (sorry if I seem to be complaining about this a lot...it just bugs me...this isn't the first time it has happened...)

And scene.

3 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I'm totally stealing this!! I've been looking for a beautiful but not overdone christmas song to work on - and this is GORGEOUS!!! You're brilliant!! I'm totally coming to you next time I'm trying to find a piece to work on!!

Elizabeth said...

You should, I'm pretty good at finding that one song that isn't overdone, is beautiful, and would work with what I am trying to do. :) I have a LOT of people that I draw from for ideas too, but I usually end up finding it on my own.

Jane said...

I have heard it - but only as Virgin's Lullaby. It's lovely. When is the big day?