Tuesday, January 1, 2008

In with the New...and I am a cry baby

Happy New Year everyone. Hope that everyone had a good time last night with whatever they did. I did. I think I have the most amazing family in the world. I LOVE our New Year's gathering every year. It is so fun. My Dad makes pizza for everyone, we play games, put together a puzzle (goal is to put it together before midnight which we did this year), set off illegal fireworks at midnight, visit, take loads of pictures.

I got my haircut. It's pretty short. Shoulder length with the shortest layer going halfway down my cheek. I LOVE it. I will get a picture up here at some point. My Aunt Linda cut it for me. She is just fantastic. I love my Aunts.

Got to see Scott and Penny! Very excited to see them. They brought their little baby Jones along. He is just so beautiful and precious. I love him. I can't wait til they move out here. Just you watch though, I will be off in New York by the time they make their way out here. I will be back here one day though. I really do love being in Arizona.

The family left about 30 minutes ago. Yes, I cried. I know, yesterday I was saying I missed my privacy...and I did. But, I love my family. Can't help it. My Dad, he was so sweet. He hates coming out to Arizona for the New Year's gathering cause he likes having something useful to do. He makes the pizza, but then when everyone is full, the puzzle is finished, etc, he isn't really into watching movies, playing games, etc. So I had a daddy-do list that I made. :) He built me a wall in the master suite so that it is two rooms (yay for 4 bedroom house!). I have to prime it, paint it, get the base board in and the plugs finished and we are good to go! He temporarily fixed the back gate, hoed half of the garden, mowed the lawn, changed the oil in the lawnmower, fixed the side yard, fixed the master bathroom sink...he also fixed my Aunt's toilet. I think he really enjoyed this trip. I am glad.

The emails asking about whether I still have a room available have been coming in pretty frequently, so I have great hopes that I will have more than one roommate soon! Yay!! I sure hope that it happens soon! The good thing about this house is that it is pretty big, lots of square footage. The bad thing is that I don't have a lot of furniture and it's not really close to ASU. It's not too bad of a drive though. I drove it every day for 4 years when I was going there. Usually every Saturday I had something that needed to be done at ASU and then my ward met at a building pretty close to campus so I made the drive anyways. :)

That's all. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

When are you going to New York?

Elizabeth said...

Probably not for a year and a half unless a great offer shows up.

EmilyLemily said...

Poor idelbet crying!