Sunday, January 27, 2008

Homage to the Prophet, Seer and Revelator: President Gordon B. Hinckley


He was the Prophet for most of my life.

He was a good man and a true Christian.

He was one of the funniest people that I knew of.

He knew God. He loved Him, and he showed it through all the good service that he gave through his entire life.

It is because of the inspiration given to this man from God that a temple was built in Birmingham Alabama before I moved out there. Of all the things I am grateful for during the time I lived there, I think that that is the one thing that I am most thankful for.

I am so happy for him that he is now with his beloved Marjorie and that his poor body can finally rest. I am grateful for all the service that he gave. His life was spent in the service of others. His heart was good, his love for his brothers and sisters shown through. He was truly an instrument in the Lord's hands. I know that he was a prophet of God, and his testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ has built me up so many times.

"We thank Thee oh God for a Prophet
who guides us in these latter-days."

President Gordon Bitner Hinckley
23 June 1910 - 27 January 2007

1 comment:

Caroline said...

He will truly be missed!