Monday, December 31, 2007

Out with the old...and leeches

Hello world. Sorry, I have been on vacation for a while. This is what has happened in the life of the wizard since the last post...

Got all kinds of good stuff for Christmas. Did not see the ex while in New Mexico and I am kinda glad of it. Came home (flight was delayed 2 stinking hours!), was still sick (coughing and coughing and coughing), parents came out the next day, new roomie moved in the day after, new wall put up in master suite (now is two bedrooms, yay for more roommates), parents have cooked and cooked all kinds of stuff, have enough food for the next month I think...need to freeze it or it will all go bad, hosted a spaghetti and meatballs party for a bunch of the family, cleaned the house, busy busy busy. Going down to Casa Grande in a couple of hours to bring in the New Year.

Have any of you ever been to an ear, nose and throat doctor? I have been real concerned about this cough I have had, because besides coughing I feel right as rain! Went to the ENT and told him I was concerned about my vocal cords cause it feels like there is something on them and that that is why I am coughing. He stuck this freaking long black thing UP my nose to look at my vocal cords.
Now imagine what it would feel like to swallow a branch. Yeah, that's pretty much how it felt. Except the branch came from the general direction of the nose. Blech! One of the vocal cords is inflamed, but he didn't see anything to be concerned about. He gave me three prescriptions...one for the nose, one for the cough, and an antibiotic. I feel better, but I still randomly cough.

My new roommates Mom has been staying at the house as well (6 people staying at this house...I miss my privacy!) and we went to go see the Temple lights together. This guy comes up to me who I recognize from when I used to live here. Red flags were flying...where do I know this guy from. Then he mentioned the country dances. Of course! He is the leech of the country dances.

What do I mean by leech? I mean the guy who doesn't understand personal space, invites himself to tag along, doesn't get a hint that you are not interested. Gah.

He says right after he reintroduces himself to me "you know, you are really pretty". Okay, someone needs to learn social skills. I mean, thanks for the compliment, but...ah! That is not how you flirt. That has DESPARATE written all over it. I promise you, I was not pretty last night. I had some mascara on, but the hair, face, clothes were not 'pretty'. I went comfy last night.

We find out we are related (of course, I am related to every LDS member who has any sort of ancestry coming from Utah), and says, well, if we are 4th cousins or further we could get married. WHAT!!??!?!?! Did you come from Mars or something?!?!?! BLECH! Sure, and if you were a worm and I were a hook, we would go together quite well. My WORD!

New Year's Resolution: gain some faith that there is a somewhat attractive man out there somewhere who is not related to you, Mormon, taller than you, is driven, incredibly spiritual, has good social skills, can sing, something of a scriptorian, intelligent, handy, wants lots of kids, likes watching movies, ...

I know, picky. :)

2 comments:

Marla said...

Um...you need a girls' weekend out...come on up to Utah! There are no boys where I live...it's all families with young children, or people too old to go out after
5pm! We'll watch chic flicks (and we won't even have to rent one because...I own most of them!), chocolate, ice cream, popcorn...we'll get a group of girls and have a big slumber party! Happy New Year!

EmilyLemily said...

Well, he was our 4th cousin. He he...he was nice, but I agree with the odd comments! He told me I had feminine hands and he also told me that you were pretty...which I agree with, but who tells a sister you just met?!?