Monday, January 7, 2008

Do you ever....and Rook night

(Do you ever)...have the feeling that you did something wrong, or something is not going right, or something bad is about to happen and you don't know what and you have this weird feeling for a long time? I started having this feeling about an hour ago and it hasn't let up. Hmm...maybe it was the large amount of frozen custard that I ate tonight. (my goodness, I haven't treated myself to frozen custard in about 2 months...it was wonderful...cookies and cream, yum!)

But seriously, I hate this feeling. I don't know what to do, but I feel like something is wrong, or I did something wrong. Is there something wrong with my head? Well, I already KNOW there is something wrong with it but my goodness! Gah!

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Rook is a very interesting game. It is similar to spades, except you can play 5 handed...

How to play Rook: There are 4 different colors rather than suits. One color is called as trump. The cards are numbered 1 through 14. There is one card that is the "rook" card. It is always the lowest trump, but it is worth 20 points. The number one is like an Ace, so it is the highest color card, 14 is the next highest, 2 is the lowest color card. You bet on how many points you can take on a game like in spades. The most points you can make is 200. The lowest bet you can make is 75. Bets are made in 5 point increments. If you are playing 4 handed, the person opposite you is your partner. If you are playing 5 handed, the person who wins the bet calls a certain card, and whoever has that card is their partner. The person who wins the bet also calls trump. You play to get a certain number of points and the first person to get that many points wins.

My good friend Shawn invited me to come and play Monday nights with him and his friends. I was SO glad he asked. When I got there, I discovered that he has a few very tall and good loocking friends of the male persuasion, so I liked it even more. We are just friends, and we have a really good time. I love it. Shawn is engaged to my friend Susan, they are getting married in a few weeks. I am so excited for them! Susan is a beautiful person, inside and out. Salt of the earth. Shawn is such a wonderful and great guy. They are going to have a great life together.

Anyways, I am glad to report that they will continue to have Rook night every Monday after FHE at around 9:00pm. I am very glad of this. It gives me something to look forward to every Monday. I think I am lucky in many ways.

I am grateful for old friends. They are a link to my past and are people I can count on in some ways. I hope I always have a good circle of friends no matter what stage of life I am in.

Time to sleep. I have a headache that hasn't quite gone away yet. Have had it since around 2:00pm today. Yay for Advil. :)

3 comments:

Janel said...

Yeah, I hate that nagging feeling and you have no idea why. Yuck! You lost me on the rook, I see/hear the work "trump" and it makes the game sound too hard for me to get it. I know, I'm lame. I'm glad you had fun though.

Thanaglim said...

I've had those feelings before. Nothing happens whenever I do though so I'm unsure whether or not it's a warning or something else whatever that something else may be.

Elizabeth said...

:) Thanks Janel, it was a lot of fun! Perhaps I will teach you it sometime. We should have another game night at your house with the cousins!

And yes, usually it is nothing or nothing that you know about. I always wonder "is the Spirit trying to say something?" :)Perhaps it was this time. :) Ah well.