Thursday, January 24, 2008

#101!!!...and pictures of smoke, Wii, and ME!

Okay, so post number 101 isn't as romantic as post number 100, but goodness it is a rather symmetrical number.

:) I am one of those weird people that will look at some random number...say on a license plate...and add, subtract, divide, multiply, what have you to see if there is any sort of symmetry in that number.

I am a music theorist. What can I say? :)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

On to better and more interesting things, here are a few pictures for your enjoyment:




This is what we did on Saturday in Casa Grande..........




Barron had a bunch of leftover colored smoke bombs from New Years, so we set a bunch of them off.


This is the master mind behind the mayhem. Isn't he cute?



We discovered that if you put three smoke bombs close together, instead of producing the colored smoke (that smells like sulfur...I know cause I have been to Yellowstone where Old Faithful and as beautiful as old faithful is it sure stinks!!!), it burns. The yellow smoke is just gas, and when cause has something to light it, it of course goes on fire. :)


Okay, so I am the proud owner of a Wii console...for a day. I am being REALLY nice and getting my cousin Aimee a Wii. She is lucky I am getting paid tomorrow.

Evidently in California they are having a drought of Wii gaming systems. I guess they are here too. What you are looking at is the LAST one they had on stock at Best Buy.

Here's a tip for everyone if you are going to get one of these babies...go to Best Buy. They don't have them out on display. They keep them in the back.

Go to the gaming area and ask one of the oh so nice employees who are praying that you will just leave them alone cause they are still recovering from the holiday craziness that occurred this year and they just want a break if they have one of these bad boys hanging out in the back. Better yet (this is what I did) go stand by the door that leads to where they hide all the ugly boxes where they are storing things and ask one of the employees on their way back there if they could see if there just happens to be a Wii console hanging out back there. Since they are one their way back there, I am sure they will oblige.


Anyways, she is going to be overnighting a check over to me to pay for it. I am more than glad to do this for her, I can't believe that there is a shortage of these things anyways. I think there is some conspiracy going on. They are not producing enough of these things so that they can keep the prices so stinking high. $250!!! Before taxes!!! Actually, she is doubly lucky...Chandler has the lowest sales tax around I hear. :)

(Confession...I REALLY want to pull it out and play...but I am working on my personal wheelpower...so I won't...but I want to!)

Oh, and there is me with my short hair cut. I don't think I posted a picture of me with the shortness yet. Not a good picture of me, but that's okay.


And as promised (like...a very long time ago) here is a picture of me in my glasses. Actually, this is a pretty cute picture. I make a rather dashing nerd, don't you think?

8 comments:

Marla said...

I am so envious of you! I WANT a wii SO BAD! I definitely need to come out there if you get that Wii!

Janel said...

You look like Emily with your glasses on!! And that is really nice of you to do that for Aimee. Mabye she (and I) will be in a better mood when she gets it.. :D

Aimee said...

Thank you Emily! We can't wait to get it. You are welcome to come over anytime to play. And Janel, you and I should hook up and play guitar hero via satellite or something...now that would cheer us both up. :)

Rocketgirl said...

You make one sexy nerd, I love it! I'm getting my hair chopped next week, wish me luck!!

heidi said...

i love the glasses. they are a great compliment to your blonde hair! and they will definitely help disguise your super hero alter ego.

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

Don't worry Elizabeth you can come over and play our Wii any time. Steven even got Guitar Hero for christmas. I'm sure a music theorist would be able to kick all us regular people's butts at that game. Hey next time you go down to see Baron you need to get our movie Star Dust from him. He's trying to keep it grrrrr! And yes you are a georgious nerd

Caroline said...

Love the glasses and the hair!

Jane said...

OMG! We TOTALLY should be best friends, I do the SAME THING with numbers! Look for palindromes and symmetry - like when the milage on my car will be the same back and forward. I also do it with letters and sometimes with shapes, like windows...