Monday, January 21, 2008

Number 100!!! And Gomer Knows and painting

Well, this is my 100th blog post. It's been real. I mean, it's been real good! Hope ya'll have been enjoying the show so far. And now, on to better things:

//////////////////////////////////////////////

My cousin...well, actually, my Dad's first cousin, which makes him my cousin once removed...much much too complicated...has created a REALLY cool website, and I want ALL of you to check it out. It is called:

Gomer Knows

He told me about this idea for a website last time I was in Alabama, and it went live just a few days ago. It is a website where you rate car mechanic shops. Once it has gotten a number of reviews on there, it is going to be a big hit.

Now, I KNOW all of you could use this because at some point you have gotten work done on your car. Some guys take you out to the cleaners and still don't do the job. Others give you a good rate and actually do the job. There are of course others scenarios, but you get the idea.

This is a website where you can get revenge on those monstrous mechanics who charged you WAY more than they should've, smoked in your car while they were fixing it, fixed the problem that you took your car in for but then broke something else so that you would come back in.

This is also a way to promote a mechanic who is amazing and give them the due respect (and business) that they deserve.

And on it goes. I am looking forward to writing a few reviews of my own. Check it out, it is pretty cool.

Also, there are coupons on there for oil changes and such.

Do me a favor and advertise this on your blogs if you could. He is just starting it, and the more hits he gets the better. Thanks!!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I finished the painting of the side walls in the master and the new room. Now I just need to do the ceiling, which I will start as soon as the brush dries. I want this done now!!!

Bad thing about painting: If you get paint onto your newly manicured and painted fingernails, the only way to remove the wall paint is to remove ALL of the paint off of your nails. Dang it.

Oh well, they were kinda messed up already anyways.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

My chair is broken. Yeah, that blue one that Grandpa bought forever ago. I thought I had fixed it, but it just broke again. I have to take this one to the dump and get a new one.

New car, new chair...if my drier dies, I don't know what I am going to do!!!

3 comments:

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

I'm glad you are getting things done around the house. Get any more new room mates? I'm excited to use the Gomer website we had a car dealership try to rip us off a few weeks ago. What a good Idea.

Jane said...

Congratulations on 100 posts! I'm so jealous of your painting activities, I can't wait to get to paint the living room, and the bedrooom and the kitchen and the hall...

Aimee said...

Hey...I wasn't sure if the email I have for you is right so I am contacting here...sorry. If you or Emily could do that it would be FABULOUS!! If you have my number call me or just contact through my email.