Thursday, January 17, 2008

25 years of bliss ends with a bang

I went a whole 25 years...well, okay, 9 years (started driving when I was 16, actually 15, but licensed at 16) of no accidents. No speeding tickets. A stinking beautiful record. Made it to 25 years of age with nothing for the insurance agency to worry about. I even delivered pizza for two full years. I have only been pulled over twice...and they were both for a headlight out.

Well, I think the following speaks for itself:



Think I might get pulled over for a headlight out???




First off, I am okay.

My neck, left shoulder, hands, wrists and knees hurt (I am mostly concerned about the left knee as it is the one that I had surgery on a year ago, but it seems to be doing a little better).

I will be making appointments with the adjuster and the body shop tomorrow. Lucky me, the body shop is just right down the street, barely over a mile away from my house.

I may go to the doctor, we will see how I feel tomorrow. Pain killers are my friend. I can't find my Tylenol, so I will be getting some before I stumble into work tomorrow. Thankful that you can take Advil and Tylenol at the same time am I!!!

Yes, I am driving that very likely totaled car to work tomorrow. Amazingly enough, as horrible as it looks...

it runs.

The tire is fine, it ran just fine. Brother Porter (who happens to be a state farm insurance agent and a bit of a car person) followed me home and said it should be fine driving to work. I am taking the streets, NO freeways for me tomorrow. And I will be driving like a little old woman. I am kind of scared of driving right now. That's probably a good thing, I drive like a maniac.

How it Happened

Went to work,
got off work,
went to temple,
left temple,
on my way to Bishopric interview,
going East on 60,
accident off to the right,
slowing in the right lane,
I am IN the right lane,
they all of a sudden come to a complete
STOP,
I brake and try to miss the car,
WHAMMO!

At least if I had died I think I would have been in a good spot...leaving the temple, on my way to Bishopric interview... :)

My left arm goes in between being totally numb and being okayish, but when it is okayish my shoulder hurts REALLY bad. We will see how I feel when I wake up. I still have spouts of shock and shaking. Like right now.

11 comments:

The Allen Fam said...

First of all you pretty much would have had a golden ticket to Heaven even if you hadn't been coming from the Temple and going to a bishop interview, those were just icing on the cake to add to your "goodness". I hope that you are ok and that you don't have too many problems with anything. Wish I could be near by to help you out and give you one of my famous massages! Sorry about the big blu, but it was about time for that thing to keel over. Hopefully you can get a new car out of this. Keep me posted.

Janel said...

Oh no!!!! That is not good!! I ca't believe it still runs, that is crazy. BE CAREFUL!!!!! :D

Aimee said...

So sorry! What a pain...in many ways.

Thanaglim said...

uuuu sorry about that, insurance going to go up now? I hope you get better.

Marla said...

I'm glad you are o.k. I recommend going to the doctor...PT....ya know..give the body some TLC. Take care of yourself, cuz!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for your notes. I am taking the car in the morning to the shop to get an estimate and then am seeing a doctor at 1:45pm. My left arm is bothering me SO much.
I can't believe it still runs either.
My insurance MAY go up, but it might not. It depends on my record, our claims record as a whole, how long we have had the insurance, etc.
Thank you!

Ashley said...

Okay. I was just about to get onto you for not seeing a doctor. I hope nothing bad is wrong with it. Hope everything works out with the insurance. The adjusters can be evil!

Jane said...

Oh no! I'm so glad you are okay - it has been a bad season for driving...I second all those who encourage you to see a doctor! Hope the arm feels better soon.

Rocketgirl said...

HOLY CRAPOLA!!! I'm so glad you body is recouping, what are you going to do about a new car - you should kinda maybe think about one;) Check craigslist every 10 minutes!!

Caroline said...

That sucks! I'm glad you are okay!

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

Hey I work for a very large group of Chiropractors who I'm sure would love to have their way with you especially after an accident. Let me know if you want to see one