Friday, May 1, 2009

The Bug...

I am a night owl. I am most productive between 10:00pm and 2:00am...that is, if I didn't have to try to force myself to sleep during these hours...

At about 10:00pm tonight I tried to find something...I couldn't find it. Then I decided I had it with my unorganized closet and my messy room...

The cleaning bug bit me...the closet is completely reorganized (shoe racks into the closet with shoes on racks and in order, all clothing hanging up and organized by color and type (shirt, skirt, dress, and pants), empty hangers all together, suitcase stuffed with various bags of varying uses to save space, towels, blankets and sheets on shelf, excercise stuff in the corner, exercise ball in his new home where I don't have to step over it to get to my clothes, box of music and graduate work notes into corner but still with easy access, hats, belts, scarf all in their proper place...). My closet is cleaner than my room at the moment...

Oh, but I didn't stop there...I started a load of laundry...and then started another load of laundry...I washed the dishes...books on bookshelf, DVD's in a stack, CD's in the drawer, random papers into the drawer for me to go through and trash/shred/save...if I had someone else here right now, I would be moving the dresser, desk and bookshelf into new homes so I can create a reading corner for scripture reading and for studying...

...if I knew I wouldn't bother the neighbors, I would wash my car right now. :) And it's 1:30am...

...and after all that, I still haven't found what I am looking for...I KNOW it's here...perhaps it's out in the car...

I am done for the night though...hopefully I finish the job. Perhaps I will show you the final project. I am hoping this will inspire more productivity in ALL areas...:)

1 comment:

Jane said...

Wow. I usually clean when I'm upset, so I suppose it's a positive thing that the house is a mess? Perhaps you need to look into the siesta concept. So you get enough sleep.