Sunday, May 3, 2009

Revelation...

I love it when my priesthood authorities answer prayers...even when the answers I get aren't the answers I wanted.

I had my annual birthday interview with the Bishop today. He asked how I was doing, what I am doing, and all the other questions that are supposed to be asked at these interviews. At the end of it, he gave me some advice that he might not think was much of anything...but is exactly what I needed to hear. And it was definitely direct revelation...it was one of those short and sweet experiences where my testimony that he was called of God was given a turbo boost.

Tonight I meant to go to watch the CES Fireside up in Bessemer with the rest of the YSA, but then I forgot to fill up my car yesterday, so did the roommate, went through a bunch of the YSA who either were in the same boat or weren't going up...I eventually found out about a couple of people who were going, but it turned out something came up and the roommate and I just stayed home for the evening. It was great, we had some good roommate bonding time. Then we watched the fireside over the internet...Elder Bednar was the speaker, and it was SUCH a tremendous talk. It is something for me to ponder and think about for sure. I think all the youth out there would benefit from listening to it as well, along with most adults...it really was an inspired topic.

1 comment:

Jane said...

You have a birthday interview with the bishop? We're lucky to get five minutes with him for tithing settlement.