Friday, May 8, 2009

White Girl turned Red...

How many times is it going to take for me to really come to grips with the fact that I can't tan for the life of me.

No pictures. I am too disgusted with myself. I laid out today, and the places that haven't seen the sun since last summer...well, lets just say that it's enough that I have a headache and a slight fever.

In fact, I am such a smart person that I laid out, exercised, and then laid out again...me thinking of course that since I hadn't been in the sun for a couple of hours that it would've calmed and it would be okay to bake a little more...

It's not really bad...in fact, it might all end up being a tan at some point, except for one spot...but still...

Funny thing is that even if it does turn into a tan, you won't be able to tell because I will still be whiter than everyone on earth minus any albinos...I think even they have more color than I do though...

Sorry, just wanting to be a California girl...tall, skinny, blond and TAN...skinny is hopefully attainable, but tan?

...I did NOT get my Mom's skin, that's for sure...she has that perfect olive skin that so easily tans...oh no, not me, I got Daddy's English/Irish/Danish white Scandinavian skin that burns sooooo easily, except the burn takes forever to show up.

Touchy subject? Yes, yes it is.

I know, it ages your skin and causes wrinkles and skin cancer. I just want to be tan ONCE...and a nice even tan at that...and I would really like to have something of one before possible future beach trip or girl's camp (lake) or going out on the lake here so that I don't burn to a crisp...AND so that I don't blind people...

4 comments:

Janel said...

Why dont you go get a nice spray tan?? I've never done it but I have really PALE friends who have and they said its great. Its not as expensive as it used to be, so I've heard. Like 25 bucks?? I might be worth doing once :D

Lynn Rose said...

Emily,
It's not that I don't empathize with your desire to have a tan (I think a former contributor said it best: nice spray tan).

It isn't the same thing, but Emily, all I ask (and not for any commercial reasons) is for you to read some of the articles on my blog (www.uvsunprotectiveproducts.com). I lost my husband to skin cancer. It's not worth the tan, and the sunburn is ten times worse.

Accept you're the girl with the gorgeous light skin. And those who are tanning? They may not be around while you're still parading in your beautiful white skin.

Jane said...

It could be worse, I suppose, you could have skin that not only doesn't tan but also doesn't burn. Nothing changes this girl from her whiteness. It's like I'm in a bubble. A UV protected bubble.

Ashley said...

I understand your desire to be tan, but look at Anne Hathaway. She's gorgeous and a successful Hollywood actress and very, very, very pale. But she works it and looks great doing it.