Sunday, February 1, 2009

Perspective...and some neat things...

It's AMAZING how one's perspective can change when you do what you are supposed to...

I have been pretty upset about something all week. And it's something that I don't have control of. No I am not going to tell ya'll what it is, just play along...

I have been REALLY bad about doing my scripture reading lately. REALLY bad...well, this morning I decided, after I said my morning prayer, to read some in the Ensign. Although the topic of the talk was pointed towards a totally different situation, it really did relate quite nicely to my problem. And it changed my perspective on everything. I realized that I needed to change. Yes, I can't really control the situation, but I can change the way I am handling it. I am still not pleased, but I am far more at peace...I am SOOOO grateful for the atonement...

Wow, I have a long way towards perfection. I need to get cracking...

///////////////////////////////////

Yesterday I went to the temple, and a couple who were baptized a year ago and another man who was baptized just over a year ago (all in my ward) went to the temple, got their endowments, and the couple was sealed and then their kids were sealed to them. I didn't know that it was happening yesterday, I had made plans to be there with my president and her counselors, so it was a real coincidence that I was there. As I was leaving I saw their kids in the front room. I don't know the son, but I know their daughter and I had to run and give her a hug and tell her how happy I was for her.

The three getting their endowments were all Spanish speaking, so the session was a Spanish speaking session. That was really cool...it showed to me how little Spanish I knew. And I had to pay attention that much more to the subtitles...

I just checked my email, and one of the lead stories was extremely heart-warming...this six year old was having his birthday party in his class, and there was this HUGE present sitting in the room. He went to open it, and inside was his Dad who had just returned home from Iraq...yeah, I cried...

1 comment:

Jane said...

Aww, what a cute story!
Yeah, remind me to tell you about the time we went to the temple and it was in Spanish - and the other one in Korean - and we didn't understand A WORD. Fun times.