Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dickens...Two Months...Art Museums...

I am reading "A Tale of Two Cities"...

I am looking forward to finishing it...

And NOT because I am enjoying it...

I know it's a classic, and I probably should have better taste and enjoy it for the sheer brilliance of it, and usually I do enjoy the 'classics'...LOVED The Count of Monte Cristo for example...

I am not loving this book...I am only a third of the way into it too...maybe the last 2/3 will change my mind about it...

////////////////////////////////////////

Two months people. Two months...

////////////////////////////////////////

I LOVE going to art museums. I enjoy them whether I am with someone or not. I walked through the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC by my lonesome and had a grand time and took TONS of pictures of, yes, pictures and statues and all kinds of things there.

I went to the Westervelt-Warner Museum of American Art here in Tuscaloosa on Friday (the Thirteeth) because I had a couple of hours to kill and went driving around until I found it. I went there once before with Amber, but we got there about 30 minutes before it closed so I didn't get to walk and look and take my time like I like to. This time I did. Really interesting and beautiful works of art. There is an entire room dedicated to paintings of George Washington.

Mr. Warner was at the Museum that day. He was watching a film about George Washington actually. I guess he comes quite often. I didn't get to meet him, but maybe I will one day. I think I am going to visit more often. The guard told me he (meaning Mr. Warner) knows details about pretty much every single painting in the museum, and he being in his 90's. Not sure if that really is his age, because he sure did not look that old...

Anyways, cool stuff.

1 comment:

Tale of Two Cities Musical said...

Hi,
After you finish reading the book you might be interested in another “Tale of Two Cities Musical” that is wending it's way to Broadway (Perhaps via Boston). This one has a distinctively low budget so far but a very singable score and an engaging book. You might want to check out some of the songs. http://www.taleoftwocitiesmusical.com/

Bob Littlefield