Sunday, February 22, 2009

Women's Conference...Atonement...

Women's Conference was awesome yesterday...

Although I have to be honest with you...I did not want to sit on the stand. I actually was totally caught off guard when Nancy came up to me and said we were sitting up on the stand. I am the secretary, I don't have any real leadership in the presidency, I don't have to sit up there...but then I thought about how the executive secretary for the ward always sits up on the stand during Sacrament Meeting and the stake executive secretary sits up on the stand for Stake Conference...so I repented quickly and went up there...

All I had to do was sit. So I hid myself behind the Stake Relief Society Presidency. :) And took notes.

I thought the talks were wonderful, I learned a lot, I was rejuvenated. And it's amazing how everything that I learned yesterday was reiterated today during Church...

//////////////////////////////////

The Atonement is really truly real. I am so grateful for our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I have learned and understood much more about the role the Atonement plays and of its importance in my life recently. I am so grateful for the gospel of repentance, for the companionship of the Holy Ghost, for the chance I have to renew my covenants every Sunday in Sacrament Meeting.

2 comments:

Jane said...

You are so good. Makes me really annoyed with myself today. It was a grouchy irritating day. I want to be like you.

April Lauren said...

:) I did not take my camera, although I wish I had. But, Sarah Chambers took tons of pictures. I asked her to email them to me.

I love your picture btw!