Thursday, February 5, 2009

What I Learned Today...

I learned from one of my doctors what it really means to do well in your profession. I was witness to him going out of his way to call the spouses and children of those of his patients that recently passed away. He was completely sincere...and I was glad to assist him when he had a bad phone number. I was just glad I was there so that I could pull up the correct number.

I learned from one of the front office staff that it's best to laugh at oneself when you do something ridiculous than get mad at the situation. It also provides the rest of us who have had a stressful day to let off some steam and laugh right along.

I learned from one of the nurses the importance of going out of ones way to do your own job so that everyone else can do their job well. In fact, I saw that a number of times today.

I learned from a number of those that I work with and even from some of the patients to be grateful for what I have. To be really truly grateful.

I learned from another doctor the importance of smiling and smiling often.

I learned from many who I work with the importance of getting along with your coworkers and working hard to get along if need be, because otherwise you would go crazy.

I learned again that I have the best sister ever who can laugh at my silly ways.

I learned that I need to be a better friend to my friends.

I learned that I need to be a better person.

It was cool, I took the time to observe others today, and I saw so many little Christlike exchanges happen...I think I am going to do that more often, just observe whatever happens in front of me.

Good night all. Elizabeth is definitely tired...

1 comment:

EmilyLemily said...

Glad to hear that I am the best sister ever! ;) I love you!!