Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Collections...Hail...and Elder Scott...

Have I ever mentioned that I never want to hold a job where I have to call people? Well, I hold one now. I call patients to remind them of their appointments. I don't mind that so much, usually they appreciate the call. Amazingly, sometimes they don't appreciate the phone call at all.

Well today I was very quick at my work and finished all of my usual responsibilities early. I went to my boss to inform him of this. He asked me if I would like to call patients about their bills...

"No, no thanks, not interested, thank you, but no," were among the many thoughts that went through my head when he asked me the question. But, I really had nothing to do, and I would like to keep my job, so instead I said "No, but I will."

One hung up on me.

Yeah, I am SO finishing my thesis ASAP. :) Don't get me wrong, I actually like my job. I get along with my coworkers quite well, I have a good boss, and there are a number of perks that come along with working at the office.

BUT this is definitely temporary.

/////////////////////////////////////////

We had hail an inch in diameter. It sounded like the house was under fire. I REALLY hope my car doesn't have scratches and dents on it now...

//////////////////////////////////////////

Elder Scott is amazing. He really is just SO insightful...

I receive quotes from ldsgems in my email three times a week and lately I have the "keep as new" button on each of these emails because it was so what I needed to read at that moment.

The one I received today was just LOVELY...

"It is so hard when sincere prayer about something we desire very much is not answered the way we want. It is especially difficult when the Lord answers no to that which is worthy and would give us great joy and happiness. Whether it be overcoming illness or loneliness, recovery of a wayward child, coping with a handicap, or seeking continuing life for a dear one who is slipping away, it seems so reasonable and so consistent with our happiness to have a favorable answer. It is hard to understand why our exercise of deep and sincere faith from an obedient life does not bring the desired result."No one wants adversity. Trials, disappointments, sadness, and heartache come to us from two basically different sources. Those who transgress the laws of God will always have those challenges. The other reason for adversity is to accomplish the Lord's own purposes in our life that we may receive the refinement that comes from testing. It is vitally important for each of us to identify from which of these two sources come our trials and challenges, for the corrective action is very different."

Richard G. Scott, "Trust in the Lord," Ensign, Nov. 1995, 16

No, I have not been praying about finding the right guy and getting married lately, although that does show up in my prayers often enough because it is a good thing to desire and pray for. I have other things that have been pressing on me though, and this is just exactly what I needed to read...and it helped me understand a part of my patriarchal blessing that I just never really paid sincere attention to...:)

2 comments:

Jane said...

That is some serious hail! I wonder if they make steel umbrellas?

Debbie said...

I love Elder Scott!! and I also HATE making phone calls!