Thursday, January 29, 2009

Latest Injury Report...and Waiting...

Yes, another one. Not so bad as I thought for a while today, though. And of course it was doing something really stupid and dumb in regular Elizabethan fashion. I was replacing the water cooler container at work...and it slipped out of my hands and landed square on my foot. It didn't really occur to me until someone asked me if I was okay that it actually landed on my foot though...

Anyways, the foot was sore all day, but it is much better now that I have it elevated...NOT BROKEN...not even close. Half the office was telling me to get an x-ray (we have a machine right there) but it was quite obvious to me that it wasn't, and it really isn't. Actually, if you took a look at my foot it looks just like the other one...long, skinny and blindingly WHITE. I am hoping that tomorrow it feels better, it must be bruising far underneath the skin level because it does hurt, but there isn't any swelling so hopefully it was just a nerve or something that was set off and it will be fine tomorrow.

The crazy thing is that I have replaced that water...bottle I guess is what you call it...about 5 or 6 times at work, and a gazillion times when I lived in Arizona. The difference between the one in AZ and the one here though is that the one here doesn't have a handle on it, so you can't get a good grip...

I know, clutz, butterfingers, stupid accident magnet...call me whatever you like...

//////////////////////////////////////////

I hate waiting...I REALLY hate waiting...

3 comments:

Jane said...

OW!! I totally feel it and my foot hurts now just thinking about it. Ice and then heat and don't walk on it and yeah, I expect a bruise tomorrow.
What are you waiting for?

EmilyLemily said...

Ouchy!! My poor sister...at least you're not on the same level of being accident prone as Ison's little brother...he had part of a rotting tree land on his head when he was falling and grabbing it...he got quite the gash on his head and needed stitches and now can't really sleep well...he told me he rolls over and then wakes up with searing pain. Be glad you are not poor Garret. :)

Aubrey & Cheyenne Martin said...

I thought I was only one that stuff happened to. We should start a support group for the balance-challenged. My sisters call me uncoordinated, but I don't think they realize just how much coordination it takes to go through life uncoordinated and still come out smelling like roses.