Friday, April 24, 2009

Injury Report...AC...

Seriously, my number was up a LONG time ago:
Right Hand

First scraped knees I have had since I was a kid if I remember correctly...
Right Knee

And for the first time in my entire life, I got hurt doing something really cool...playing softball.
Left Knee (has swollen to a goose egg...this is the bad one)
No 'I was just trying to cross the street faster', no 'one girl pulled me this way, the other pulled me that way', no 'just tried to fix some Christmas lights', and no 'I fell over a dog'.

Softball. Now that is cool. :)

Hit really well last night. I mean, really well. First hit went dead center, right to the hole. My second hit was a nice line drive. I probably would've made it to second...

...then I lost feeling in both legs running to first and fell hard onto all fours...yes, lost feeling in BOTH LEGS...

I was totally stunned, scrambled back up, stood for a second totally confused and made it to first without getting tagged. I couldn't figure out what happened to me, very strange feeling...

The only thing I can think of is that I lost my dinner right before I left for the game so I didn't have anything in me...

...I played the rest of the game anyways. Made it onto first again...not sure how my legs carried me...glad my on base average is really good though, rubber legs and all!

Still really weak this morning. Legs just not working right. Quads are killing me, but I think that's from playing catcher last night...

//////////////////////////////////////////

I would like to express my deep and profound gratitude for AC.

I somehow manage, in nearly every house I have ever lived in since my family moved from CA to NM to have the one room that is the hottest of the hot. My room is the hottest room in the house, minus the garage. The sun beats down on it the entire day. Despite the energy-saving curtains I have up, it still is the warmest room in the house.

The AC got turned on today. :) AC + ceiling fan (to distribute cold air throughout the room) = Elizabeth may just sleep really well tonight...

1 comment:

Jane said...

Is it possible playing catcher also messed with the circulation in your legs so they didn't want to run anymore? Maybe those cool doctors you work with can help you out. Massage here you come.