Sunday, April 5, 2009

A few things from conference...

My favorite was Elder Holland's...I liked the whole thing...I have said this to a few people, but I believe I have heard everything that he said in his talk before. And many many times. I mean, for crying out loud, I was in the Easter Pageant last year, I acted the story out, and many many times! But it was like I never heard it before...or like I finally understood something for the first time...the Spirit was there, for sure...

I heard some pretty insightful things concerning the temple...looking forward to the next time I go...I have some things to think through while there...

There were a lot of talks that concerned children dying...I didn't like that very much...the doctrine that was taught was incredibly true, I just didn't like that there were a bunch of talks about that...

Elder Bednar is awesome. He teaches such cool pieces of doctrine...I can't wait to read his talk Thursday.

And of course the Prophet. He truly is called of God. I am taking his caution to heart...I hope all of you lovely readers will too. Be careful what you do on the internet...it is far too easy to access terrible and destructive things on here. Be strong, be clean...it's worth it...

2 comments:

Jane said...

Totally agreeing with you there. Holland's was particularly poignant to me too. I'd never thought of it that way before.

April Lauren said...

Hello Lady! I have lost my cell phone. So, here are two things about softball. I need your shirt size so I can place the order for our shirts, and we are supposed to practice today and Thursday starting 5:30 or 6:00. I have facebooked 5:30, but know most people will come at 6:00.

I love your blog posts about conference!