Saturday, April 4, 2009

GC...Away...

I love me some General Conference goodness...anybody had the one talk yet that was meant just for them?

Welcome Elder Anderson...a lot of people have said 'hey, I recognize that guy'. He spoke at the last General Conference I believe, came to the last Stake Conference (which I missed because I was in NM watching baby sister get married) and he was the senior president of the seven presidents of the seventy. I like him a lot. It's a neat experience to get a new apostle, although the loss of Elder Wirthlin is still quite bittersweet.

President Eyring's talk was FANTASTIC...

If you missed the Saturday sessions, you really missed some sweet moments and some great doctrine being taught. Fabulous talks...Saturday is usually better than Sunday, minus hearing the Prophet speak twice...at least I think so. I LOVED the counselor in the Young Men presidency's talk about the duties of the Aaronic Priesthood Quorum presidents...I was cheering.

Oh, and I think Elder Cook looks like my Dad...except of course Elder Cook is clean shaven...but I bet my Dad would look something like that if he was without the mustache and sideburns...

////////////////////////////////////////////////

I went away for the weekend. I am in Atlanta. Bev came with so she could visit her brother. Looks like no matter what time we drive home tomorrow we will hit rain, so we will stay at least for the 'morning' session (it starts at noon here in Georgia).

We went to eat at the Flying Biscuit while the menfolk were doing their thing this evening. It's in Midtown Atlanta, very unique place...I suggest checking it out if you are ever around, but go with people...not a place you want to be by yourself EVER...at least in my mind.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Why can't we have General Conference ALL the time?