Sunday, April 19, 2009

Daddy...

The Real Father's Day...

I failed to pay tribute to my Dad on his birthday in March on here, so here it is...

Some of the reasons why I love my Daddy...


My Dad loves to do things that keeps his brain engaged. Whenever he gets the chance he reads and reads and reads...'how to' books, science magazines, Church history...anything 'nonfiction'. He is very smart and does above and beyond the call of duty, whether for Church, work or his family.


He responds well to our (Mom, Emily and I) silliness...We all love trying to get him to smile for the camera...:) He is a very emotional man as well, I inherited that from him.


He is sealed to the most amazing woman on the planet! I am grateful that both of them were committed to finding someone to go to the temple with to be married. They were both in their 30's when they found each other. I am grateful for their example to me to not settle for anything less than that, and for bringing me up in the Church.


AND he has the coolest mustache and sideburns EVER...


(This picture I believe is when I was 1 1/2)

I remind him that my birthday is really his Father's Day. He loves to talk about how he used to be able to fit me in his forearm when I was a baby. He is responsible, and always works his hardest to provide for our family. We always had our food storage just in case something happened, and we planted a garden pretty much every year. I know how to roof a house, to lay cement, cut wood, bake bread, and many other practical things because of him.

I am grateful for him. I have gained so much from being his daughter.

1 comment: