Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bad Day...Good Day...Proof...

Could anything else have gone wrong for me at work this morning? Seriously, amazing that the week before I was awarded Employee of the Month...

I missed pulling a chart the day before (has happened maybe two or three times since I started in July), it was one of the first patients of the day, couldn't find it, it was MISFILED!!! (grrrrr), I kept telling patients their appointments were tomorrow when really their appointments were MONDAY...I recovered myself on all accounts...I think...got way behind in everything I needed to do, kept having to call the place we ordered lunch from over and over and over again because I forgot to ask them for their fax number and about a certain sandwich and about a million other little details...and they still messed up the order...I asked for NO TOMATOS on Elizabeth's sandwich and they just didn't even bring one persons sandwich...

There were other things as well...

And I already wasn't in a good mood in the first place...

And for some reason, I was on the verge of tears for half of the morning...thankful I was able to get away to go after chips and drinks for lunch and vent to my lovely sister who successfully got my mind off of it being a terrible day...

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As of today, the entire state of Alabama and Mississippi are out of a drought. We have had some heavy duty storms the last couple of weeks and our lakes, rivers and reservoirs are out of drought levels (yay!).

A couple of those storms came through today. At about 1:30pm the preschools and daycares started calling the nurses informing them that they were closing and to come and get their kids. This would put us at 4 nurses short, with one of the ones not leaving still in training.

Solution: Elizabeth babysits their kids while they work. It's better to be short one front office person than four nurses, right? We ended up being 1 nurse short, and I got out of my bad day at work. I watched, with the kids, Kung Fu Panda and Dumbo, drew, looked for tornados, ate chips, drank soda...and got paid for it...

I tried to get the boy to warm up to me, so I started drawing on some napkins with highlighters I brought from my desk. We were watching Kung Fu Panda, so I drew Po:

Yeah, I know, not very good at all...sorry, but Po kept moving. If I could've paused the movie, it would be a lot better.

Well, this little boy, like many little boys I know, is a HUGE Spiderman fan. He has all the moves down and everything. He had his Spiderman book with him. After I finished Po, he asked me to draw Spiderman:

Not bad, even if I do say so myself! :) Actually, he asked me to draw the building first, but then he said draw Spiderman...thus the discoloration of Spiderman around the building. Pretty good for highlighters on a paper napkin.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Those of you who know this person will recognise the significance of this picture:

Yes, she actually had 3 or 4 spoonfuls of soup...and liked it better after I improved the soup with soy sauce. :)

4 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Those drawings are really, really good!! Even the panda - I can't get anything to look that close to the original. I sick with the stick figures. And sorry about your no-good-very-bad-day - I totally feel you there:)

EmilyLemily said...

Not too bad of drawings...that reminds me that I haven't made good use of my drawing table in the last week or so...I should get to it so I can continue improving. And I need to add more art to my DeviantART page!

I'm glad I was available to help you get your mind off of the ucky bad day. :) I love you!!!

Jane said...

I love the drawings, extra awesome because they're with highlighters on napkins!
I feel your pain of the bad days. Yay for it getting better.

holley family said...

i know who thta is!!! is that hakkiedos???!!!?? i LOVE that place!