Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birthday Recap...Wicked...

The roommate made me a birthday cake...

Isn't it AWESOME???...and it's all chocolate...

Gifts came in the mail from New Mexico! All my gifts this year are both practical AND fun...and that is a GREAT combination...

My roommates birthday was Wednesday, two days before mine...

So Wednesday night April brought a cake and we had people over to celebrate...we are still trying to finish off all the cake...

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The Grand Finale to the Birthday:


In December I discovered the musical Wicked was coming to Birmingham...

in April...

huh...my birthday is in April...

oh yeah, we got the tickets in January during the pre-sale...it was great. This was my third time seeing it (1st New York, 2nd Los Angeles). Nichee saw it once before. Everyone else it was their first time...and we all loved it. Elphaba was FABULOUS...she just left the NY show to go with the tour. The Wizard was Tom McGowan, who has done a bunch of CSI's and was on Frasier...

Yeah, I was in heaven. I loved it...especially 'Defying Gravity'...she totally let loose with that...it was inCREDible...

Next time I see it I am going to be front and center. I am totally splurging. I want the perfect view.

2 comments:

EmilyLemily said...

I'm glad you liked the presents from all of us out here in NM!

Also, I love the pictures you have on the right of your blog! I remember that picture of you laughing! We were at the zoo... ;)
And the picture of us all in Sunday best was right after I went through the temple!!!!!!! YAY!

Jane said...

I know right? That is the greatest musical EVER. I love it. I have seen it SO MANY times and each one is the best I have ever been to. Yay! For a happy birthday. Chocolate is never bad, and birthday chocolate has no calories.