Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Depressing and Tragic

Well today was a sad day. First of all, last night I found out that my former stake president passed away from a heart attack at home. He was still the stake president of the Tempe Arizona University Student Stake when he died, President T. Dennis Barney. Some of you I know were in the stake while he was president. So me being my usually emotional self, even though I was never very close to him, spilled a few tears over that. (For those of you who know him, here is a link to a very nice tribute to him: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2009/01/06/20090106barney0106.html)

Then I go into work and find out 1) that one of the young kids in the ward who is super sweet and super cute has a brain tumor and has been checked into the children's hospital and is having surgery Friday (the David's kid, for those of you in the ward or who know them...they REALLY need prayers right now) and 2) that the Patriarch's wife has had her IV's taken away from her and isn't supposed to make it another day.

Yeah, and guess what? It was dark and gloomy and rainy...ALL DAY...AND it's supposed to be that way all the rest of the week...AND we of course have had a tornado warning already...I think that there are very few things on my "Very much do not like" list higher than tornado's...

I can't imagine having all of this on your mind and not knowing the plan of salvation...

SO, on those happy thoughts, I will hopefully post a happy blog entry tomorrow...hopefully.

1 comment:

EmilyLemily said...

I'm sorry that you have all this on your mind (and emotions) right now...I love you very much and I'll call you later tonight!