Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I will be sooo glad...Institute...missionary moment...

....when the weekend is over. Youth Conferences take a LOT out of a girl...it's good, it's just a bit exhausting...I am going to take advantage Friday morning and sleep in as much as humanly possible...

////////////////////////////////////////

After that post yesterday, I thought this was cool:

I was walking down the hall at work today and one of the doctors stopped me and asked if I have lost some weight. He thought I lost 30 pounds or something. It's more like 15...anyways, warm fuzzies!!!

////////////////////////////////////////

I talked with a couple of the ladies at work the other day and we started talking about marriage and how people see it today and I explained eternal marriage to them. One of them didn't really take to the idea, although I think she learned something about the Church that she didn't know before. The other one kinda liked the idea. She pointed out that if you really did find someone that you really and truly loved, that of course you would want to be with them for all eternity.

I pointed out the fact that Peter had the power and authority to bind people...you know, 'whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven' (NOT an exact quote of course). I pointed out that we talk of the 'bonds' of holy matrimony, and so Peter had the ability to bind, or rather, marry a man and a woman together for time and all eternity.

Anyways. It was cool.

No comments: